Sunday, August 16

"Are You There Dr. Pepper? It's Me, Rachel"

I've been a little busy lately. And a little stressed. I try to tell myself to calm down and try to relax. But my body knows better. My hands and elbows have broken out in hives and the side of my face has a red scratchy rash when I woke this morning. I did take a nap today and I think it helped. I have to get in 50 hours this week at work and that's not counting the weekend which we will be out of town. (Going home to arrange some things before going on our fall vacation to Oregon which I'm greatly looking forward to.) Also we will be listing our condo soon so a lot of prayers on our behalves would greatly be appreciated. Fortunately our realtor is awesome and the majority of our condo is up to par with only a couple minor details to fix before it goes up. As I recall last time, buying was very stressful. So now that we are buying and selling who knows what our emotions will bring. Hopefully....nothing at all except peace, love, and joy.

The brightest note in all of this (mainly during work.) I've been listening to Chelsea Handler read her book "Are You There Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea." It's hilarious. A little vulgar but so funny none-the-less. I only recommend it to those with an open mind. It would probably be rated R if turned into a movie. So there's your warning.


"Are you there vodka? It's me, Chelsea. Please get me out of jail and I promise I will never drink again. Drink and drive. I will never drink and drive again. I may even start my own group fashioned after MADD, Mothers Against Drunk Driving, but I'll call it AWLTDASH, Alcoholics Who Like to Drink and Stay Home."— Chelsea Handler

I've also been re-listening to it with Blair....it makes him giggle.


4 comments:

  1. I do love listening to Blair giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am excited that you will be listing your condo. We are working to list our house in the next week or so. I feel your pain! Buying and selling at the same time seems stressful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with selling the condo. Take care of yourself and try to not stress too much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh, I'm sorry, Rachel. Try taking 10 minutes to work on your goal #42. I find coloring very theraputic. I know, I know, when will you find the time?!?!

    ReplyDelete