The Pacific ocean is nothing like the Atlantic. It's not the type of place you would think about when you imagine yourself getting a tan at the beach. We arrived to DePoe Bay, our relaxation point for the next 7 days. The ocean was a powerful surge of rough waves that crashed against the rocks like thunder.
I won't go into the specifics of what we did each day (mainly because I can't remember and mainly we did a whole lot of relaxing!) But here are some of the highlights:
We saw several spouting horns
(surge of water that sprays up through openings in a surface)
that sprayed up around 25 or 30 ft high.
It seemed they were far behind in music, fashion, and technology.
We saw whales every day right out living room
and we even saw sea lions and a seal!
I couldn't stop taking pictures of the ocean.
(Some people are afraid of heights.)
I also realize this falls into the category of "lighthouse growing out of shoulder" from Emily's list of things not to do.
A view from one of our many hikes.
A typical face and the vast green hillside of Oregon's many
ocean mountains as I like to call them.
ocean mountains as I like to call them.
We had the beach to ourselves.
It was also in a Tsunami warning zone.
Audrey kisses.
I wish I would have gotten her doing "I'm a little teapot" because it's super cute. It's not really a teapot though, it's more like a sugar bowl because she has 2 handles.
I've also learned a lot more sign language because of her--banana, shoes, book, cat, bird, more, please, thank you, turtle, fish, and dog. Yup, those will definitely come in handy.....
I realize there were a lot of pictures to go through, but we were also gone for about 9 days. We had a lot of free time too, playing with Audrey and watching movies. It was a great trip with my family and now it's back to the real world.
A condo update: we listed our condo the day we left for Oregon and had 3 showings while we were gone-- 2 seem promising! Hopefully we'll know more next week.
A condo update: we listed our condo the day we left for Oregon and had 3 showings while we were gone-- 2 seem promising! Hopefully we'll know more next week.
It looks like it was really beautiful! I'm jealous you got to see whales...that's on my list of things to do. Well, not on "the list", but you know what I mean! :)
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a good time!
Wow...so beautiful! I can almost taste the fresh air.
ReplyDeleteLooks like ya'll had fun. I'm glad. Missed you guys!
ReplyDeleteThe above anonymous was me, Mom, Bonnie, whatever. It wasn't taking my comment and of course, after trying to fix it it took it when I didn't want it to.
ReplyDeleteGlad you guys had fun. The Oregon/WA coasts don't have many nice "tanning" beaches. They're quite chilly and windy. But, still gorgeous! See you guys in a few months!
ReplyDeleteRachel-
ReplyDeleteI was just doing a quick check on your blog. I see you went to Oregon, I love it there and my dad lives there, Portland actually. It is so much fun and Portland is a very hip and happening place. I do love the ocean a lot and no it is not a San Diego beach. Next time you will have to go to Voo Doo donughts in Portland. You can get bacon, cereal, and all most anything on it.
Good Luck on your condo.
Jennifer
Most of Oregon probably IS a little behind the times, but were you wandering around in smaller, isolated towns? Oregon also has wonderful and renowned restaurants, wineries & breweries and a ton of great design (all fields). And Arkansas is lovely too!
ReplyDelete