The wall,
It's not so small.
It's rather so tall.
What if I fall?
The wall is cracked.
The paint is chipped.
When the realtor saw it,
He flipped.
Up went the ladder
Down went my bladder.
It was so high
Can't I just fly?
Splosh! Went the plaster.
Bloop! Went the paint.
Go faster, faster!
The wall is not quaint.
The more we looked,
The more we spied.
What was applied,
Had not dried.
Another gallon,
White like a stallion.
It shimmered and shined.
Why, it looks just fine!
It's not so small.
It's rather so tall.
What if I fall?
The wall is cracked.
The paint is chipped.
When the realtor saw it,
He flipped.
Up went the ladder
Down went my bladder.
It was so high
Can't I just fly?
Splosh! Went the plaster.
Bloop! Went the paint.
Go faster, faster!
The wall is not quaint.
The more we looked,
The more we spied.
What was applied,
Had not dried.
Another gallon,
White like a stallion.
It shimmered and shined.
Why, it looks just fine!
--R. Herken--
I think with a bit more dusting and polishing our condo will be ready to sell! Or at least list. We hope. Our realtor is setting up a gathering of fellow Realtors to come by and check the place out. A little nerve racking, but I'm anxious to see what they have to say.
Blair's parents and grandma Doris came by tonight for some BLT sandies and some TLC to fix our loose railing and window pane. Doris has never been to our condo so it was really great that she got to come. And she brought some delicious canned green beans, (which I haven't tasted yet, but I'm sure will be tasty) salsa, and pickles! The pickles were excellent.
Question #1: How long did it take you to come up with that poem?
ReplyDeleteQuestion #2: What were you supposed to be doing when you came up with that poem?
The wall looks great! It will sell in no time...I'm sure of it!
Answer #1: About 5 minutes. It seriously just poured out of me.
ReplyDeleteAnswer #2: I was at home relaxing on the sofa after the Herkens left.
I sure hope it sells in no time!
love the poem!!! You are really talented!
ReplyDelete