One night as were driving down to my brother's for a visit, we met my parents at Freddie's in Joplin for dinner. Wrapped around the entire restaurant was a banner of different treats the restaurant had to offer. These menu items were printed in Comic Sans. The MOST unappetizing font food has to offer. Well maybe one of the most, there is also Curls, Papyrus, and Hobo to boot.
The other day I was listening to an older version of my podcast TBTL again which featured a New York Times article on this particular subject. There's is a world wide hatred for this font! I'm not alone.
For those of who do not know what font this is, please, let me refresh you.




Actually, I don't think I would deem myself as a "font nazie." Afterall, I wouldn't put anyone in a camp that uses it. Well, maybe Camp Snoopy.
I encourage each and everyone one of you to support this ban. I'm not saying sign up for a newsletter or march in a parade. Please just don't ever, EVER use it, unless you plan to take over as Charles Schulz.

Okay, is that Comic Sans? I use that as my default font at work. Don't hate me?
ReplyDeleteI promise to never ever use it again unless the occasion calls for it.
ReplyDelete1. You should see the documentary called "helvetica" if you haven't already.
ReplyDelete2. I HATE papyrus and curlz fonts
3. I actually don't mind comic sans...it might be bc it's the font Ryan used to woo me over instant messenger in college :) I however used Bradley handwriting. I'm a bit of a font nazi too...it's ok
Husbands are like monkeys, you must train him! George can now pick up Trajan and Papyrus with the best of us!
ReplyDelete