
The other day, Scott asked me if I had a choice, would I choose to be blind or deaf? I chose not to go into why he was asking such ridiculous questions I instead answered the questions by choosing to be deaf. Really I had no idea that it was coming true. Ok well maybe not permanently, hopefully. I've been having major ear problems. Just hearing everything sounding hollow and plugged. I finally went to the Minute Clinic at CVS pharmacy because I hate going to the doctor. And I hate taking medicine. And I hate being sick. So I went and I strongly recommend this because I was in and out in 20 minutes and that included waiting for my perscription. Lucky for me all I have is a sinus infection but that doesn't make me feel any better. My ear is completely clogged, and I feel like my nose is congested only through my ear. It is NOT fun and today I skipped church and cried like a baby for my mom. That's when Blair ran out to Burger King to get me a croisanwhich. He's so comforting. Ok but then he came back and gave me a hug and rubbed my ear (which wasn't really doing anything) but it's the thought that counts.
So when you feel like you're going deaf and blind-- oh, my eye has been twitching for almost 3 days now (which is apparently normal with infections) one seems to have a lot of time on their hands. What does one do? Read. Surf the net. And blog. And here's to all of you who read Pioneer Woman's blog--I discovered she has bout 25,000 readers daily. CRAZY.
I have also just finished the book Duma Key by Stephen King. It was given to me by a co-worker Linh to good to be Trieu. Ok I just made that part of her name up but I thought it was clever and Linh if you're reading this then I think you should change your blog name to be just that.

Anyway, I'm not sure if I would recommend this book to anyone but it was a good read. Duma Key is an undeveloped island off of the coast of Florida. The main character is Edgar who has moved there after a terrible construction site accident and his life in Minnesota falls apart. He's moved to start painting and realizes that he can accomplish miracles and even murder through this new talent. He makes 3 new friends on the island one which includes his an elderly lady which has strong ties to the island. And because of her he paints the ghosts of her past. It's really a good plot. But I think if Mary Higgens Clark wrote it, it would give me an even better chill factor.
All in all, being partially deaf and blind is all very annoying. And I hear things that people actually didn't say, like "condom." I'm sure that's NOT what were talking about but I have no idea, really and I'm too embarrassed to ask "what" again.
Missed you today. Hope you feel better soon!
ReplyDeletewelcome to my life- I have allergies - thus sinus issues ALL THE TIME and for about 6 months a year I can't hear very well in one ear- So I know it sucks and I hope you get over it soon! Try NeilMed Sinus Rinse at Wal Mart- it is the only thing that has helped me and I went to the doctor 10 times!
ReplyDelete