Thursday, March 26

The Phantom of the Opera


Today I saw Phantom of the Opera! It wasn't on broadway but it's probably the closest to ever seeing it again...it was a broadway touring group...close enough for #26. Blair wanted to go but he couldn't get off work and since we got AMAZINGly cheap tickets I took the afternoon off and went with my sr. artist and friend from work. The props were awesome, it's a great play and it's not all singing. Although the singing and the music is sooo pretty. It's the the only musical play I truly love. There were some cons about it but I'm not going to complain because it was still really good and Carrie who had not seen it before was thoroughly impressed and that's all that matters. My favorite parts were the chandelier's impressive moving from the stage to the top of the theatre, the pyrotechnics, and the scenes had seamless interchanges. Good times to be had by all! (Oh and no pictures because it's a copyright infringement to take them during the play.)

3 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous! Glad you had fun:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds fun! How did you get tickets?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too am jealous... but if you ever get the opportunity to see Les Miserables, don't think about it... TAKE IT! There might be another musical play out there to love.

    ReplyDelete