Tuesday, February 24

A little bit of this and a little bit of that.

I wrote earlier that I started a sketch book for ideas on decorating....well the other day I was feeling a bit antsy and really wanted to paint. We have a lot of red accents, like our red tea pot in our kitchen. And I want an edgier kitchen so I'm thinking a light blue and a red. I don't know if Blair will go for that but it's really easy to slip into "country" mode when designing kitchens. Anyway I did end up painting another picture (#28 on the 101 list) for our kitchen, I have a few more to do but here's a glimpse.

Sketch
(Only 1...who does 100's of thumbnails anyway? Also
my drawings/paintings have become really simplified
and dumbed down. Yay for college.)

Painting (The colors look terrible, bad lighting--
it's really bright red and a bright light blue)


I've also have fallen for a new favorite color. Orange! Only as a trendy color, I will never stray from my all time fav, green. The only thing is....orange is REALLY popular now, but maybe that's better for me, because there's so much more to look at. Which leads me to my new favorite blog, How About Orange! It has some big shoes to fill but I think it might take the place of the much loved Domino--she's doing pretty well thus far since I have to check it more than once a day. It has soo much! (If you click on the picture, it should take you to the actual blog.)


However, before I could paint I had to accomplish #36a on the list.

This really freed up a lot of space on the desk, which I'm sure Blair is pleased with...having to study and all. And sadly this is only half of my art supplies, the other half are haphazardly strewn about in the parents garage. So to knock out another on the list I had to move the books that were taking so much room up on the shelf. I saw an article in a magazine (I think it was Domino) and thought I'd try it since I really had no other choice. It doesn't look as good because the majority of our books are not fun cool art books but giant history books that are generally the same size.


And finally, because we still love Guitar Hero.




1 comment:

  1. My bedroom is painted orange. I carried the color card around for about 5 months and then sometime this fall I painted it.

    http://lvwomenpray.blogspot.com/2008/09/im-tired.htmlove it.

    ReplyDelete