Saturday, February 28

Our life using the B word.

Not a female dog nor the word baby, some of you may be baffled but it's......BUDGET! (#49 and #50. Start using coupons.) I finally sat down earlier this week and drew out a budget for us. It's not so strict that we will be miserable living our lives but it does put some restrain on our casual spending. In fact I wish I had done this sooner but nothing can change the past now. It will be fun to see though how much our savings adds up. With this new change we'll be able to put twice as much as we have been into savings which will drastically help with buying a new house sometime in the next year. Also, as of today we started clipping coupons. However, we don't plan on doing the entire Hathaway/Goertzen project. It's not going to become a hobby...but just something that we'll have on hand when we need a certain product or go to eat somewhere. (P.S. In Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover on pages 296-297 there is a quoted letter from my youth minister and his wife!)


Last night we went to the World of Wheels car show downtown KC. It was probably the best car show I've ever been to. I don't think Blair was as excited as I was...but it was worth every bit of the admission price we paid to get in....lucky for us we had a coupon (!) which helped. This was one of the cars we saw...it was built in Kansas City. Pretty awesome.

'69 Cougar

We also saw the car in Speed Racer and Kitt from Knight Rider (the old and new version). And lots of skanky women showing off different cars. OH and we saw 2 Lamborghini's and 1 viper with a very strange owner that did not fit the description of a viper owner...I was aghast. I didn't take any pictures...I was going to take one with Patrick from Spongebob Squarepants but as we headed that way they were being escorted out....it was the end of the night. So I only got to see America's favorite starfish in person.




2 comments:

  1. Yay!! Good for you. I think you'll realize that you feel a lot better when you have a budget, it's a good feeling to know where your money is going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Good for you! I'm sorry you didn't get a picture with Patrick...I know how excited you were about that:)

    ReplyDelete