Saturday, August 9

Rainy days and other tragedies.

It was a typical Friday afternoon. Altogether way too busy, web images piling up like crazy, supervisors vacationing somewhere far, far away and I in my work station sporting a pair of raggedy jeans and t-shirt when I spotted my email icon bouncing up and down frantically trying to get my attention. It was Karen announcing Theatre in the Park. Blair and I discussed...since I know he is anti-musical and decided we didn't have anything better to do and it actually might be fun. The evening was flirtatiously cool. The sun was setting and the hillside was littered with picnicking families. My Panera consistent dinner choice (Bacaon Turkey Bravo) was ultimately satisfying. After a torturing round of Catch Phrase and

several minutes of people watching (*side note: this couple sports adult size disney camping chairs)--the activity of the night began with the stars twinkling and a half moon shining as brightly as possible.....



Titanic (*side note: about as exciting as this graphically challenged poster) the musical: Act I: 1st Song--Blair is already yawning. If time could stop, that time was now.



Intermission: Please....let their be an intervention of some kind. I was ready to bail. I was the only one?!?

Act II: "Ice berg! Straight ahead!" (in song)--the radio man (singing of course) "...dit, dit, dit, dit, dot, dit..." "...dit, dit, dit, dit, dot, dit..." Karen singing in the crowd: "...dit, dit, dit, dit, dot, dit..." "...dit, dit, dit, dit, dot, dit..."

(The singing was actually better in the second half.)

Frantic good byes in song, the boat sinks in song, end of show.

Kudos to the writer who can produce a score to a international tragedy.

1 comment:

  1. We will be in town. My parents will be here then but we might could see you!

    ReplyDelete