Friday, April 1

My Review of The Persian Pickle Club

I just started and finished reading this book. I read it in 2 evenings which is saying a lot since my evenings generally consist of food then bed. I borrowed this book from Blair's cousin Joan ooooh about 2 years too long ago. I need to give it back and I decided I first needed to read it. I'm not sure why I waited so long read this. Maybe because the cover had a boring old quilt on the front. This book is NOT be taken seriously! It was such a light read that I'm not sure why I ever put it off for so long. In fact, because of it, I've actually started reading again.

The story takes place during the dust bowl and the depression in a little town in Kansas. The Persian Pickle Club is a group of ladies that come together once a week to sew, quilt, gossip, or as they put it, "improve their minds." The plot thickens when a new member of the club stirs up a dark secret and the other members must band together to protect one another.

The author does a great job setting the scene with vivid descriptions of the places and the characters. The ending is eery but still light hearted which leaves you with a "HA!" but somewhat of an uneasy feeling. Overall, I give this book 3.5 out of 5 stars. It entertained me and that's all I really ask out of a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment