Last weekend we went down to Arkansas to visit my brother and SIL and niece. They had an adoption day at their church so of course they wanted me to be there! It's been a while since I've seen my family and it was really nice to get away for a couple of days, especially when the weather there was in the 70's! (We did come back to more snow but it was a reprieve none the less.)
I also designed the flyers their church sent out. I think they turned out really well and my family sent me a beautiful flower arrangement (at work!) as a thank you!

My parents introduced me to a Dillion's representative that had made the trip to talk about international adoption. Dillion was the agency that my parents used to adopt me. She gave me a business card with info directing me to another rep that holds the key for possible birth family reunions, medical data, and more. I'm not too interested in looking up my biological parents but medical would be really nice! I haven't called yet...it's kind of scary! You never know what the future may hold.
Here is one of the videos shown from the day. It's incredibly heart wrenching.
Even with the warning, I was still brought to tears. Oh, it just breaks my heart what so many kids have to go through.
ReplyDeletewhoa, that is so cool Rachel! I know you're busy, I've been missing you on ichat.
ReplyDelete