Saturday, I met up with a friend at Family Tree Nursery and made a miniature garden! We call them terrariums but technically terrariums are enclosed. The workshop's $30.00 price included the container, soil, gravel, a miniature chair and 3 plants and all of the accessories your mini garden could possible ever need. It was a really good price, because the container was actually quite a bit larger than I thought and I'm pretty sure I used about $30.00 of soil alone. It was so much fun and I can't wait to make some more on my own!


And speaking of plants, we have mums and they are in full bloom! It's kind of exciting to see what kind of plants bloom throughout our first year in this house. The person who lived here before did an excellent job in landscaping. We have not had to do much of anything!

Blair carved a KU jack-o-lantern during his team outing for work. If you drive by our house, it's hidden behind the bush because he doesn't want it getting smashed. And seeing how badly KU was blown away in football this weekend, the chances are relatively high.

Our painting project is forever ongoing. My parents are coming up here for Thanksgiving to give us a hand in hopefully painting the hallway, foyer, and living room. I'm not sure how much we'll get done, one, mainly the foyer is so high we're going to have to get some scaffolding. Two...painting (the least expensive home improvement) is probably the least fun. For me anyway. But it's going to make a world of difference and we'll finally get to hang some things on the walls and hopefully it will really start to feel like home. Earlier this summer we managed to get the guest bedroom painted. It's still lacking in bedding and accessories but that will be the easy part...I hope.
Here's the before:



And the after:



I didn't take a picture of the before of the beds...but they are the same ones we had in our condo and they were various shades of worn dark and light stained wood. Blair had a week off and took the time to paint them black and I think they look so much better! I painted the little side table and our room is starting to come together. Hopefully we can get some pictures up and after painting our next big project we are saving for is living room furniture.
"Home is the place where it feels right to walk around without shoes."
I love the new look of the beds! Inspiring!
ReplyDeleteLove the beds, the garden is neat, the mums look great. Love that you won the Dick Clark award
ReplyDelete