I've known a lot of people who have had it. And indeed, it is not something I ever wish to have nor am I trying to downplay the awareness part. But it seems like it's the ONLY cancer out there. Tell me, seriously, can you name more than one cancer type that you know and associate that with it's color besides Pink?
Today (and this month I assume) all of the fountains here are dyed pink, pink ribbons are on license plates, jewelry, scarves, clothing, M&M's, appliances. There's even a pink cab for the cure company that I saw driving around today.
Please don't think I'm a bad person, I think it's great that there's a support group out there. I really do. But when it's in my face all of the time, well, I turn into this....
I guess what this rant is really leading up to....is when you support the pink, make sure you also support the: Yellow, White/Gold, Grey, Gold, Lavender, Brown, Periwinkle, Red/White, Violet, Burgandy, Kelly Green, Purple, Orange, Pearl, Red, Blue/Pink, Black, Royal, Teal, Light Blue, White, Orchid. There may be others out there, but that's what all I could find.

No comments:
Post a Comment