Tuesday, October 20

Happenings

I don't even know where to begin. So I'll start with the weekend. Last weekend was kickball, my department versus embroidery artists. A team builder that didn't come out so well seeing as how WE LOST BY ONE POINT IN EXTRA INNINGS-! I'm not angry, anymore. It was a fun time, but it would have been more fun had we have won. I just have to say one thing. Embroidery only had 3 women on their team and we had 8. It hurts.


Friday night was Doris's (Blair's grandma) birthday. It was a huge family gathering for chili, soup, and chocolate cake and let's not forget the beer. It really wasn't huge, just typical seeing as how Blair has like 15 first cousins.

On our way home, we spotted two houses that really decorated for Halloween. I got a close up of a creepy Dracula window hanging. It really looked 3-D and I was slightly impressed.


Saturday we had another showing on our condo. We've had about 14 showings thus far but nothing has panned out. In the words of Blair, "we just keep cleaning and praying."

Sunday we attended the Renaissance Festival which Blair's mom got us free tickets. Thankfully, after attending, I'm so glad we did not pay 18.00 a head for the fun afternoon of dirt, tarot readings, and giant pickles. It really wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be though. And it was a lot bigger than I ever imagined. It was like a dirty Silver Dollar City set in a different time period with non-electric rides. We missed the jousting event which probably would have been the best, but we decided that we didn't want to sit through two shows seeing that the Spartan 300 battle re-enactment was afterward and that sounded more interesting. Boy where we wrong. I'm not even sure how to describe the 300 battle. I guess you could say it was about 50 little boys with wooden swords and mallets charging about 10 men. It was horrendous and we left about 30 seconds into it.


We did enjoy an apple and cinnamon stuffed pretzel and while taking our break, a giant pine cone fell on my head. It fell so hard and fast that I instantly got a knot on the top of my head. No lie.


My favorite part that I did enjoy was the fire throwers. It was really interesting and we stayed around for 2 shows.



And now it's back to work. And cleaning and praying.

No comments:

Post a Comment