Thursday, October 29

Halloween is Upon Us Like Zombies on Brains

I know the majority of my readers are not into horror. I'm not either, but I do love a good scary movie. And I love ghost stories. What makes them so appealing? I don't know....but everyone is curious about them. It's just something we can't totally explain. I guess it's just human nature.

Joshua Hoffine
, is a wedding photographer turned horror. His pictures are elaborate movie style images that portray horror in a way that's more interesting than terrifying. However, I doubt I'll be hanging them up in my house.

Jonah Simpson is another photographer who has a series called "Pleasantville" a tiny world he created in miniatures that are familiar but a closer look reveals shock and twisted scenes. His works are based on the lines we draw between entertainment and controversy. He says, "I’m not sure people would laugh if this were done on a larger scale.”

It's like Mr. Roger's Neighborhood....only not.

1 comment:

  1. That first one makes me not want to go to bed tonight. I've turned into such a wimp.

    ReplyDelete