Sunday, July 12

I don't even know where to begin.

So I'll just begin. Last weekend was Blair's 3 day and my 3.5 day weekend. We were soooo busy but it was a lot fun too. We spent the majority of the weekend in Leavenworth attending a family reunion. I have only met these people twice this being the second time. So I have a lot to learn and I did learn a lot. And we ate a lot too! We also watched fireworks in Louisburg with the Hathways, the Eggelstons (spelling?) , and Tyler (that random guy from church). Louisburg is a really cute town and we've actually thought about moving there. No plans though it's just a thought.

The week flew by with vacation coming up (we leave the 18th!) and other stuff that my mind can't even recall right now.

Then we hit this weekend up with a trip to my hometown, I had not been back since before Easter! Although we've seen my parents during that timespan. It was nice to be back at home. My dad bought a motorized cooler...yes it's weird and slightly embarrassing to be seen on by the neighbors. I can't ever see why there's a need for this toy but I guess that's what it is...just a toy. Audrey (my niece) loves to be driven on it...so there ya go. They probably got it for her than anything else. Although I can kind of see my dad "riding" a cool drink out to my mom while she's watering flowers. And maybe the neighbors don't actually think it's weird seeing as how one of them bought 4 themselves. Excuse my camera taking, I forget the angle doesn't turn for
movies.







We also saw Public Enemies about Johnny Dillinger with the parents. We all enjoyed it and you know how I feel about movies about the mob. Plus Johnny Depp is excellent in it. When I go home it's all about relaxing and watching t.v. mainly and my parents shoving junk food down me all the time. But I don't mind, I did have some watermelon too. ;o)

We also rented Gran Torino, also two thumbs up. It was kind of comical but the meaning was deep and the ending was symbolical.

My dad had DVR'd The Burbs with Tom Hanks. Does anyone remember seeing this movie back in '89? Blair hadn't either so we watched that too! I used to watch it a lot when I was younger. It kind of creepy for a little kid but upon looking back it was more comical than scary.

Oh and today we watched Fever Pitch. It was kind of weird that my dad wanted to watch a chick-flick. But it ended up being him and Blair that made it all the way through. I fell asleep and as did my mom. It was cute though from what I saw of it.

So yeah a lot of movie watching and a lot of eating. Good weekends!

4 comments:

  1. The cooler cracks me up!!!! Did you want to get a pedicure this week?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fun! Just a few more days until vacation...can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo-hoo for vacation!! So is that the cooler you guys are going to bring?? It WOULD be multifunctional... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cooler BELONGS in a movie like The Burbs! That's one of Cody's favorite movies. We actually own it on VHS, and we don't own many movies!

    ReplyDelete