'We have only tried planning out our meals for one week but it's an absolutely great idea. It's a little more time consuming to plan out the meals. But in the trial week we chose meals that had the same ingredients. Grocery shopping was more thought out but faster. I just wrote out what we needed by product. We haven't done it in a couple weeks because things have been just a teensy bit crazy around here. But if we could do that at least once a month, it really saves and the night's leftovers (if we have any) is easily accessible for the following day's lunch. It also saves from having to go out (when you know "what's for dinner"). But sometimes you just have to especially when one works 10 hour days and is too famished to wait for their husband to whip up dinner. Yes, Blair cooks.

That's a great idea. I need start trying to do that based around what's on sale that week...then you would save money too!
ReplyDeleteI could see not wanting what's planned for dinner that night...but I guess you could switch up the nights when that happens.
This is a neat idea. I'll have to try this as well... might have to make a meal planner that's a little more guy oriented to carry with me in the grocery store though... like maybe golf themed, et cetera instead of flowers! Thanks for the idea!
ReplyDelete