For Christmas my mother gave me a sign that is now sitting on our fireplace mantle that says, "Enjoy the little things in life for one day you'll look back and realize they were the big things." My mom is full of life lessons and important advice whether you want it or not. And always has been. But here lately, her words are finally sinking in. Especially now. Working a lot can or can't be nice, depending on who you work with. I am lucky and get along with everyone in my department, though there are some days that I do get irked with certain people. And on those days I have been trying to think happy thoughts and it really has helped. Sometimes I have to lie to myself or rather trick my brain into thinking that all is well and think of only happy thoughts. It's really hard and I don't say that it works every time. But it does work. And in no time I'm back in high spirits. But if you really are having a hard day, just think....tomorrow's Friday!

Happy Birthday Emily!!
No comments:
Post a Comment