We stayed with my good friend Erin (and brief roommate) and her prevaricator husband, Justin (ok he was super nice but he told me he was 30 and I believed him--he's not--apparently I'm supposed to watch his nose when he starts to palter). They have a lovely brick home which I miss brick, Kansas has few houses that are entirely covered by brick and this I do not understand. I also went running with Erin and her friend and I'm afraid I slowed them down terribly...I don't remember Oklahoma having hills and the humidity was terrible. Then Blair and I ate a giant breakfast that they cooked for us, it was deeee-lish! Good thing I went running and worked it all off before I ate it!
I also got to see Katie! I hadn't seen her in forever either and it was really good to see her and her husband and I got to meet Charlie (their dog)! They also have a charming house, it almost makes me want to move back. Almost.
We also got to see Jacob and Amy and their new son Austin! Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of them, they however, graciously ordered the OU game on pay per view for us. We beat Chattanooga, as I knew we would, so horribly that the game was boring within the first quarter and I fell asleep...
The next day we saw 6 more friends and I wish I had more time to spend but unfortunately we are not trust fund babies and have to work. THEN WE ATE AT TEDS!!!! with my roommate Lyndsi and her husband and baby!! i know there's some grammatical errors here but I was SUPER EXCITED!! I LOVE TEDS!!!!! By far my favorite mexican restaurant and maybe my favorite of all time. As we headed for home Blair took me to JAMABA JUICE!!!! You just have to go there to try it for yourself. It's amazing.

We stopped in Wichita on Sunday and stayed with Phil and LIsa, they don't have a tv, which I knew. But didn't tell Blair because I knew he'd put up a fight. It was fun but Phil killed in Phase 10 and Scategories. But Lisa made us a yummy dinner with Red Hot Cinnamon Pie! She gave me the recipe so I'm going to try and make it. I will succeed. Then to celebrate Labor day WILL SMITH took us to lunch at a really, REALLY good pizza place. I was much impressed, especially for WIchita! He's hosting a rock band birthday/costume party where you dress up as a rock star. I'm really excited and I"ve talked Blair into going though I highly doubt he'll dress up. I used to have an inflatable guitar, I wonder if I can find another one...I have my real one but that would be too heavy and I don't want it to get damaged by a bunch of drunken engineers....
Alas, an incoherent ramble or two:
Tonight I went to college, became an accountant, bought a cabin, got married, painted a nursery (but never had any children), adopted a pet, got a pay raise, filed a lawsuit and lost, bought an executive cape, bought another cabin, went to Egypt, hired a butler and maid, filed another lawsuit and won, became a grandparent (twice! and still no children of my own), and retired to a mansion in the game of LIFE. Sometimes I see God as playing us as pieces on a board game. Should I be driving a green plastic car?
I have com to despise New Kids on the Block. They're really Old Adults on the beach fully clothed, singing about girls two times younger than they are and sporting wedding bands...creep-o's. You can't bring back the past and still make it look good, especially in a "boy" band.
I'm glad I got to see you too! And I totally agree about NKOTB. That video is so creepy I feel like they are molesting me just watching it.
ReplyDelete