Monday, July 21

101 in 1001



Ok, so not to take away from my previous post, because I know it's a good one. But I'm starting this with Karen TODAY so I have to blog it now.

The point is to accomplish 101 tasks in 1001 days. You can read about it on here.

The Criteria: Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part). Why 1001 Days? Many people have created lists in the past — frequently simple goals such as new year’s resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organizing and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities.

The Tasks

1. Buy a house.
2. Help Karen make a cookbook.
3. Write and illustrate a children’s book.
4. Knit a scarf.
5. Make a quilt.
6. Go on a vacation with friends.
7. Go to the gym at least once a month.
8. Learn to make 10 new recipes a year.
9. Get a pedicure.
10. Make it to a 2.
11. Send a card to someone once a month.
12. Update our condo.
13. Plant a flower garden.
14. Take a road trip to visit aunts and uncles.
15. Whiten my teeth.
16. Get a tan.
17. Read the Bible all the way through.
18. Get my ears pierced.
19. Sew a throw pillow.
20. Take ballroom dance classes.
21. Paint a picture.
22. Read all of Jane Austin’s books.
23. Lose 10 pounds.
24. Make direct eye contact and smile more at strangers (in passing)
25. Win Age of Empires on Difficult.
26. See Phantom of the Opera on broadway (again.)
27. Re-organize closets.
28. Paint a picture
29. Take a vacation in Kansas City
30. Re-model upstairs bathroom
31. Find a pair of shoes I like and buy in 3 different colors.
32. Build a website.
33. Make Christmas cards instead of buying them.
34. Re-upholster my chair.
35. Run in a 5k.
36. Build a sandcastle.
36. Organize my art supplies
37. Have professional pictures taken
38. Buy a sketch book and USE IT.
39. Blog at least once a week.
40. Go at least one month without eating fast food.
41. Keep a prayer journal.
42. Color every page in a coloring book.
43. Re-learn spanish or learn a new language.
44. Buy a sushi set.
45. Learn to make California Rolls.
46. Learn to install track lighting.
47. Have carpet cleaned by professionals.
48. Make Blair breakfast on Sunday mornings.
49. Budget.
50. Start using coupons.
51. Pay off my car.
52. Invite someone to church.
53. Get at least 7 hours of sleep a night.
54. Rid the negativity from my conversations.
55. Get new glasses.
56. Dress up more.
57. Send birthday cards.
58. Make a will.
59. Put more into my 401k and mutual funds.
60. Make dinner for my parents.
61. Try new foods when going out.
62. Clean out my hard drive.
63. Re-organize photos.
64. Make the bed at least 2 times during the work week.
65. Quit complaining.
66. Make an advent calendar.
67. Learn to whistle LOUD.
68. Learn to juggle.
69. Do the splits.
70. Ride the top 5 best rollercoasters (Sandusky, OH)
71. Buy a savings bond for my niece when she turns 1.
72. Learn to play my guitar.
73. Devote 1 day to photography.
74. Go camping.
75. Learn to golf.
76. Go to the Renaissance Fair.
77. Watch the Godfather movies.
78. Make biscuits from scratch.
79. Expand my vocabulary.
80. Change a diaper.
81. Pick an apple off a tree.
82. Learn to drive standard.
83. Throw a surprise party.
84. Invite someone for dinner whom we don’t know very well from church
85. Buy a new computer.
86. Drink more water.
87. Bring something home made for someone’s birthday at work
88. Work on getting tighter abs
89. Visit Blair’s grandma
90. Send a care package to Bryan
91. Use my gift card for a pedicure
92. Buy Pride and Prejudice (the BBC version) on DVID
93. Find a green or red purse that I like (I’ve seriously been
looking for months!)
94. Buy fresh produce at the Farmer’s Market
95. Dry more flowers
96. Find pictures to put in our frames
96. Hang frames.
97. Bargain shop early for Christmas presents
98. Go on walks.
99. Play more tennis.
100. Keep in touch with old friends.
101. Start a new list.

Please note, these are NOT in any certain order nor are they organized. The list will get smaller, I promise. Besides I've already started on some!

I, Rachel J. Herken do solemnly swear to accomplish these tasks at hand, to the best of my ability in 2.75 years.

2 comments:

  1. I love it! Get excited...we're going to be so productive over the next few years:)

    PS-I love you Blair and you're the only thing on my list. From, Justin

    ReplyDelete
  2. impressive!!! Maybe I should do something like that...I always feel like there are things that I haven't done. I did make a "bucket" list with 3 things on. So maybe that is a start! Well, I can help you with some of your things.

    ReplyDelete