
"FAMILY!" is what our little friend Kalvin said during church one Sunday after hearing it spoken aloud by someone contributing in class so he blurted it out nice and loud.
Family reunion is what happened this weekend. I met some Cardinal fans and was welcomed into the family immediately. I met Blair's great uncle Gale which is standing with us in this picture. I really enjoyed listening to him speak of his teachings and playing NOON basketball (not "nude" basketball) which is what I thought he said at first.
I also looked through the family history scrapbook...the black and white pictures were most intriguing and there is one picture that I could not stop looking at...Blair's great great grandmother...I think. Anyway, just to think of the well kept records that are able to go way back...it was literally a step in time. Also Blair's aunt Margaret...I could listen to her talk for a long time, she's a good storyteller even if it's not really a story. I think it's the way she pronounces her words, very clear....and she gave me some
Zucchini recipes and I'm anxious to try the Zucchini Chocolate Cake.
Well I'm totally wiped out even though we didn't do much. Blair and I are going to end the weekend in Chinese delivery and maybe a movie. We both have to work on Monday which is totally un-American.
Sounds like an interesting family. Don't worry I am at work today too. Trying not to be bitter, but feeling so unpatriotic :)
ReplyDelete