Wednesday, April 21

"There ain't no party, like my nana's tea party..."

So I haven't blogged lately. Life has just been too hectic. We've been in the house for almost 3 weeks and it feels like we haven't really gotten to enjoy it because we are off doing something every weekend. My parents came up before moving in to help paint our master suite which helped IMMENSELY and now we are waiting on our carpet to come in and be installed so we can actually live in the master suite. Soon, hopefully it'll be in this weekend. Currently we are using the m. bathroom but sleep in the guest room. And our guest beds are downstairs in the currently empty living room. Our living room furniture is downstairs in the basement, where the parties are...a.k.a--flat screen TV. Every day I come home and still can't believe we live here. Does it ever feel like home? Hopefully more so when we get everything in the right room and painted to how we want it.

Last weekend we partied with Audrey and her friends. It was a fun time, even though it was cold and rainy. But we did get to make s'mores which led to ghost stories, which the 6 of us (my brother and SIL and her sister and BIL and Blair and I) all experienced a "ghost" in their old apt in St. Louis. That story is for another time, but it still gives me chills. Here are a couple of videos of Audrey talking...she's getting so big! She's still only 26lbs...but more grown up! My commentary is kind of lame because it was early in the morning, she waited up for us to get there (around 10!) and still woke up before 7! I'm just trying to think of things that I know she would know how to answer. She's super cute. And she's sporting a tshirt and underwear, an outfit I wish I could still get away with around guests.

Audrey with pants on.
Is it sad that we all "know" what bubbles taste like?!

They almost got away, until they all lost their balance and almost fell down.



*UPDATE: won't let me upload videos...SUPER annoying.

1 comment:

  1. I was glad to see your post. I have been checking frequently for an update on the house. I want to read more about it and pics would be great. We have been in our new house about six months and know we are home. It is such a good feeling. Best wishes as you settle in.

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete