Saturday, November 21

I am Metro.

I wish I knew what I liked in interior design before I got married. That would have helped out a lot. Because now I'm having difficulties trying to convert our slightly updated dorm room / condo into what I have come to lust for on other design blogs and HGTV. I've been doing a lot of researching on what I truly want in a house...someday. I know I won't get everything because...well....I haven't received my trust fund yet.


After successfully figuring out my own style that I deemed as modern country, I discovered Ethan Allen's "what style are you" quiz and was pronounced Metro. The top section you will see what I picked out to chose from and the bottom picture is what EA thinks my style is. Psst...!! There's no difference! Everything you see COULD be in one house. I've been cured by domestication! Finally....late bloomer I guess. Though I looked up the price on remote vision art (the art that covers the flat screen). Let's just say I better paint a picture myself and figure out how to engineer a remote controlled hidden tv for less than a year's salary.

*Side note....the pictures are not centered and I apologize. It's late and I should be in bed as Emily said.

3 comments:

  1. I am Estate. Think traditional, casual, Southern comfort, and Pottery Barn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine came back "Glamour".

    http://www.ethanallen.com/looks?lifestyleId=100178

    I like all of your pictures a lot, so I thought that's what I would be! I kind of think I'd be a mixture of yours and mine. :)

    I always thought you were more modern - orange, white furniture, black, geometric shapes, etc. Is that not right? I guess your place isn't decorated that way, but for some reason I thought I'd seen you post stuff like that on here before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I took that quiz three times, the pics aren't always the same. I came out glamour twice and metro once. But I think I kind of know my style already - it's vintage, character, comfort and pieces that last forever. Even though I drool over modern pieces, I don't actually ever buy it.

    ReplyDelete