Tuesday, December 23

My P90X Accomplishments!

O.K. so I haven't been continuously working out with P90X dude BUT the somewhat random workouts are paying off!

Accomplishment #1: I opened a bottle of beer without a bottle opener! My BFFFW (best friend from work) told me how to put it almost even with a table (or chair in my case) and hit the top with my hand. And it worked! Despite Scott's warnings telling me I shouldn't do it even though he was the one who told me about it.

(Richard and fellow church friends, I am not drinking beer--I was using it to make a dip.)

Ok so that is my only accomplishment thus far, but I'm sure if I keep up the random workouts I'll eventually get to my goal of well just being in shape.

Last week was my last week at work until Jan. 5th when I have to return. I'm on day #2 of my holiday vacation and I desperately need to plan some activities because half way into today I became very restless and bored. However, I made a new recipe this afternoon and the start of the meal we are making for my parents on Thursday. Here's the recipe for REALLY GOOD salsa:


4 tomatoes
1/2 onion – roasted and roughly chopped
1/2 – 1 bulb of garlic – roasted, leave peel on.
Small jalapeno – raosted
1 tsp Kosher salt
1 tsp Freshly ground pepper
a handful of cilantro
1/2 tsp onion powder
Sugar, as needed
1 juicy lime

You can use a toaster oven to roast the onion, garlic and peppers, but if you don’t have one, line a heavy pan with foil and do it on the stove. Roast your veggies for about 15 minutes, garlic usually finishes faster. Roasting these ingredients help with the pungency that salsa usually has.

While your veggies are roasting, dice your tomatoes, squeeze in a lime, add salt, pepper, onion powder, and cilantro. Mix it up and let it sit while you prepare the onion, garlic and peppers.

For the garlic, remove skin, should come off easily now, and roughly chop with knife. If you have a food chopper, this makes it a lot easier. For onion and peppers, remove the super burned ones and stems and chop them up too. Start mixing them into the salsa as soon as you’re done.

You should add spices to taste and adjust accordingly. Add sugar if it’s too spicy, salty or acidic. It just helps balance things out if you don’t get the exact flavor you’re looking for.

Salsa can be eaten immediately but it’s even better a day or two afterwards. Also try substituting cucumbers for tomatos.

Also here are a few random pictures from the Gear Christmas party held at the Marriot's Grand Ballroom. Also while we were partying it up--My tax accountant person (and dear friend) and my friend Stephanie were there also in some tax conference and they came and "wedding crashed" our party. I thought they were going to sing me a Christmas carol or two but fortunately Steph didn't want to.
The dinner our Christmas bonus went to.
The guys thought it would be fun to wear ugly
Christmas sweaters--except for
Pete (his tie was for real).
Did you know that Scott and I wear the same
sweater size?

**Christmas post coming soon.

1 comment:

  1. You totally crack me up...thanks for the clarification:) Hope you're having a Merry Christmas!!! See you soon.

    ReplyDelete