We followed the "celebration" if you will with a vintage car show at the Kansas City Institute of Art. It was Art of the Car. Very cool, see below for pictures.
1955 Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Gullwing
1917 Detroit Electric
1932 Pierce Arrow Model 54 Convertible Coupe (I think...90% sure) and the 1927 Rolls Royce Springfield Convertible Sedan
Pierce Arrow--can you imagine having that is your hood ornament?
We also breifly went the Nelson Atkins Museum of Art and saw the exhibit on Monet. I would have liked to have seen the whole museum, but my legs were killing me and it was very hot and humid on Saturday. That night we met some friends down at the plaza for dinner at the Kona Grill (very, very GOOD.) And saw Spider Man 3. Not my favorite but Blair liked it even if it didn't follow the comic exactly. I wouldn't know. I'm a Batman fan myself.
Today was church and lots of thunderstorms. During class this morning there was lightening and then our lights flickered and the mikes sparked. It was a little scary...it would have been fun to have church in the dark. Went to lunch with some other friends at Macalister's and came home to veg and watch Pride and Prejudice.
Now I'm gearing myself up for another week of work.
No comments:
Post a Comment