Thursday, April 19

Ramblings

Rambling #1:

Duke (Blair's dog that still lives with his parents) experienced his first sleep over in all of his almost 11 years of life. His sleep over was at our condo. I'm not sure if he enjoyed it...he ran off the first morning I left for work....but I won't dwell on that. He's a good dog for the most part, he listens well, he's just so hairy and big and whines too much. He was really happy though when people came over, he thought to see him. He did have some awful bad gas, we think it's because he ate grass at our friends new house when he spent some time outside alone and whinning. Blair Febreezed his bum quite alot, especially when he went up the stairs. Stinky.

Rambling #2:

I'm reading a book called Angela's Ashes, it's nothing I would ever buy on my own..well yeah I did buy it on my own. But only because Blair couldn't decide what he wanted so I sat in the history section reading titles and came across this one. It sounds familiar, I think some of my peers read it in school, but I never did. It's memoir about the childhood of a very poor boy. So far it's been nothing but sad and depressing. It really opens my eyes to what people suffered. This little boy has had 4 of his 7 siblings die out pure starvation and disease. The father drinks the dole money, he never holds a job for more than 3 weeks, the mother does what she can, except when one child does, the has another one...which isn't so intelligent of her. You'd think that if they can't even feed 2 people, why bring more into the world. BUT as they say...they had to keep warm somehow.

I also got a book called FAKING IT: How to make yourself look better without actually having to improve yourself. Or something close to that. I thought it might help me at my so despised job.

Rambling #3:

Blair is helping paint a friends new house tonight...the ceiling, I was supposed to go to a thing for work but it was canceled...which I was glad...and so frees up my evening to read some more depressing book. But I'm being productive by doing laundry and fixing dinner, cleaning the kitchen, and watching Shall We Dance....I'm really not a romantic, but that movie just makes me feel all good inside.

There's a song on the soundtrack that totally makes me melt inside, it kind of reminds of Blair in just the part that he makes up songs and sings them to me. It's cute most of the time, sometimes it gets a little strange. Anyway...here's the lyrics, you may know it already.

Artist: Peter Gabriel Lyrics
Song: Book Of Love Lyrics
The book of love is long and boring
No one can lift the damn thing
It's full of charts and facts and figures and instructions for dancing
But I
I love it when you read to me
And you
You can read me anything
The book of love has music in it
In fact that's where music comes from
Some of it is just transcendental
Some of it is just really dumb
But I
I love it when you sing to me
And you
You can sing me anything
The book of love is long and boring
And written very long ago
It's full of flowers and heart-shaped boxes
And things we're all too young to know
But I
I love it when you give me things
And you
You ought to give me wedding rings
And I
I love it when you give me things
And you
You ought to give me wedding rings
And I
I love it when you give me things
And you
You ought to give me wedding rings
You ought to give me wedding rings

I never was a big fan of Peter Grabriel, but this song is slow but sweet. Especially when Richard Gere (which I only really like him in this movie) glides up the escalador (spell check?) in his tux and holding a rose to give to his wife and tells her that he can't go to the party and dance without a partner and his partner is here instead, and so they dance. Sigh.

Rambling #4:

Blair and I are playing on our church's coed softball team. We won the first two games. The third one both of our parents came to watch and made us nervous and so we lost. Just kidding. But we did not do well and could have done better.

Rambling #5:

Blair got a new job, he starts Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment