
Yes, I know I haven't written. I try to promise myself that I will blog more and I walk around seeing and hearing things I could blog about. But I don't. I think, "I should carry around a notebook, and when I think of something or see something interesting I should write it down. Like my thoughts going through life and then I could blog about it." I read other people's blogs on occasion and they all seem so thought provoking and verbally inspiring. I want to be like that. I want to write with an artisitic flare that make people come to my site every day and see what intriguing lives we live.
But I've become a recluse. Not socially per say, we hang out with friends, yesterday we went ice skating and we made lunch for 4 other couples, Blair's infamous brisket and my not so famous french onion potatos that are seasoned from a box. We finished our Christmas shopping. We had to hurry so we can send some of our gifts to Washington when Blair's mother goes to meet our new neice that was born just two days ago!

No, I mean a recluse in that if the malls are too crowded or Wal-Mart has bad service twice in a row or there is a traffic jam after work or emails that are too long, I find myself crawling into bed early, reading a book I've read twice but don't remember the ending or watching some food creation on TV. I hide from the world. And then the next day, I relive maybe half of the tiring experiences from the day before and call it an ok day. I go to Target, take an alternative route, shop online, reply to the emails and life goes on.
Now as I sit and ponder about this blog that doesn't really say anything at all, my tired mind has become blank.
Oh yes, 3 cheers for OU, we attended the BIG 12 Championship game and OU won! It was exciting and it was somewhat enthralling to silence the NE fans that outnumbered us 10-1. However, I will silence the haughty winner in me, it was fun and we did meet some nice NE fans.
We got some really cool Christmas wrapping paper, after we wrapped all of our gifts, we realized that all the gifts we bought were small and we can put them all in one single bag when traveling which doesn't look as cool to put them in the back window of our car like they did in Sleepless in Seattle.
No comments:
Post a Comment