Monday, November 6

Tids & Bits



This weekend we had ducks in the creek behind our condo. Two were wood ducks, three were mallards. Or so I thought. I've been looking them up on the internet and the pictures I've found, make what I thought was the wood duck a mallard too, but that may not be right. Oh well....a duck is a duck.

We also had a woodpecker. After watching it for just a few seconds I could feel a headache coming on, I don't know how they do that, God must have made them with small brains and fuzzy vision. Or at least I'd never be able to make it as a woodpecker.

I did a cover design for an elementary school down the street from us. A lady we go to church with volunteered to do their yearbook this year and so thus the job was handed to me. It's ok though, I like designing stuff like that. It was a really simple design. Anyway, I was looking through an older book and the school is K-6th Grade. They have Student Council....in elementary school! Either that's amazing or Oklahoma schools are a little behind. They also have a chess team, math club, band, strings, guitar club, and choir. I think I had P.E. where we colored or played with Tinker Toys. (We OK kids were ACTIVE) and choir of some kind. Anyway, none of this advanced stuff.....we did have a computer lab....does that count?

I'm excited though because we are in that school district and (in my friend's Katie's words) the FOBR (Future Offspring of Blair and Rachel's)--if we stay in this neighborhood--will be going to that school. I think.

Well enough of that talk. I'm going to go enjoy being in our new place and being away from work, although tomorrow is China Day and I'm bringing sugar biscuits! (Those donut type things you get at buffets!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment